[ale] why apple sucks more

wylde bill durtybill at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 08:14:26 EDT 2009

That illustrates my point about software patents entirely.  There's
nothing specific in the language or any design specification.  The
wording of the patent could even cover displaying an ad in a browser
window.

Just say "No" to software patents!

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 17:51 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2009/10/22/jobs-and-apple-seek-patent-on-operating-system-advertising/id=6761/
>
> Let's put mandatory advertising embedded into the OS and see how long
> before Microsoft licenses it and the entire world pukes and switches
> to Linux.

"I've been such a fool, Vassili. Man will always be a man. There is no
new man. We tried so hard to create a society that was equal, where
there'd be nothing to envy your neighbour. But there's always something
to envy. A smile, a friendship, something you don't have and want to
appropriate. In this world, even a Soviet one, there will always be rich
and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love." --
Commisar Danilov, "Enemy at the Gates"