[ale] why Jobs is as much of a tool as Balmer & Gates (was Re: why apple sucks more)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Oct 23 23:16:29 EDT 2009

On 2009, Oct, 23, , at 5:51 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> http://www.ipwatchdog.com/2009/10/22/jobs-and-apple-seek-patent-on-
> operating-system-advertising/id=6761/

> Let's put mandatory advertising embedded into the OS and see how long
> before Microsoft licenses it and the entire world pukes and switches
> to Linux.

With Apple, it might be important to differentiate between
the corporate tool and the company's tools.

Apple Mac OS X computers are arguably the best systems
available in the commercial market, while Steve Jobs is
an increasingly arrogant and greedy marketroid dweeb with
an ego the size of Jupiter.

As a company, Apple also has quite a different cult-ure from
Mafia$soft.  The corporate leadership there has inseparably
infused their arrogance and greed into every aspect of the
company's products and business structures.

Still, I'd suggest that Jobs is quirky and unpredictable
enough that another angle on this story can't be ruled out:
this stunt might actually be a road block patent designed to
prevent the greater evils from merging corporate advertising
with existing Destructive Restriction Mechanism abuses they
employ at the operating system level. Steve may just be
trying to save us all from the nightmare scenario you suggest.

On the other hand, given that the whole idea of trying to
take out a patent on the ubiquitous OS mechanism of a system
interrupt is so putridly and egomaniacally obscene in the
first place, you are probably correct in assuming it's the
corporate tool that's in play here. :-)

peace
aaron