[ale] ["Topic"? I don't think it means what you think it means] Re: Incompetent corporate web sites

wylde bill durtybill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 20:44:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 17:25 -0400, William Fragakis wrote:

> I'm not saying we couldn't make better choices - I think we could. But
> this isn't something that was hoisted upon us by an external force.
> Maybe you didn't vote for this "entity" but enough of your neighbors did
> to put them into place. Maybe your neighbors acted out of ignorance,
> fear corruption or just a view of the world different from yours. We got
> what we (largely) voted for. If we didn't vote for it, we don't enough
> noise like the brave souls in Iran and China who are dying for
> expressing their views.
>
> Politicians can only be "bought" when we ratify that purchase with our
> own vote. Elections can only be rigged when we acquiesce in the result.

Let me clarify that I actually agree with this portion of your reply.
It was the earlier statement I had problems with- though I think most of
the people bothering at all with this thread are just those sorts of
people interested enough in the very things you describe to take part in
them.  We're just lucky enough that it hasn't got that bad here- yet...

--
"I've been such a fool, Vassili. Man will always be a man. There is no
new man. We tried so hard to create a society that was equal, where