[ale] Incompetent corporate web sites (was: Ubuntu Linux ROCKS!)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:16:29 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Preston Boyington
<preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> wylde bill wrote:
>> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 14:32 +0000, mmillard1 at comcast.net wrote:
> <snipped>
>>> I think there is imperical proof Insurance companies work hard to keep
>>> prices down.
>>
>> I agree.  We now have seat-belt laws, car-seat laws, even laws which
>> make it illegal for kids to ride bikes or skate without helmets, etc.
>> etc.
>>

> I've always been of the opinion that these laws were more about
> protecting the coffers than the people.  After all, if a person is
> disabled or deceased they can't pay taxes.

My take is even more cynical: insurance companies push for those laws,
got them, their payouts went DOWN and then they RAISED their rates
anyway to cover the bonus pay for the lobbyist(s) that succeeded.

Insurance: the only gamble you are required to take where if you win, you loose.
> --
>
> Arrant Drivel - really, it's just trash...
> http://www.arrantdrivel.com/
>
> Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
> http://www.prestonboyington.com/

James P. Kinney III