[ale] Hulu may charge for content starting in 2010

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:12:23 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:24, William Fragakis <william at fragakis.com> wrote:
>> FTA:
>> "Are we looking at it with a view of adding subscription services in
>> there and pay-per-view movies? Yes, we are looking at that. No decision
>> has been taken yet," Murdoch said.
>>
>> News Corp. spokesman Jack Horner said Hulu believes that a free online
>> video site supported by ads is still the model that will "resonate most"
>> with its largest group of users.
>
> What Hulu should do is charge providers (ISPs) a fee to Cache Hulu
> content.  This *saves* providers (ISPs) bandwidth, and allows them to
> control ad revenue.  It would also *save* Hulu money and create a
> revenue stream for them.

DING! DING! DING! We have a Winner!!!
 However, most executive decision makers
> are idiots so they will squander money and in the end fail somehow.

No one I knew from high school that is now "in business" had the
slightest _HINT_ of cognizant thought in high school. They were always
the "me too" crowd that did the backroom back-stabbing talk. There was
a series of paper on /. recently discussing how those at the top were
pathological.

Just because a person is at the top of the org chart doesn't mean they
are any good at anything. But it does almost always guarantee they
don't _like_ being a butt-kisser.

> -Jim P.

James P. Kinney III