[ale] Incompetent corporate web sites (was: Ubuntu Linux ROCKS!)

mmillard1 at comcast.net mmillard1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 23 10:32:47 EDT 2009

Not that it's a Linux topic but

Sometimes there might be a legitimate need for a 700$ hammer.

I think there is imperical proof Insurance companies work hard to keep prices down. They suffer from high levels of fraud, perhaps 30%? They have a reason to be efficient, they are trying to make a profit. the government doesn't seem to care about efficiencies and from history I'm not sure they are opposed to the occasional loss of life.

But is the government they gave us welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, the VA ext going to do better? we spend huge amounts of money on these and they are all broken and have very high Levels of waist and Fraud.

If the Government does nothing we have what we have now, it they break it and make it worse like all the other ventures they are involved in, it won't just be Vet's Who are getting shafted horribly by our Government.

I can not think of anything we really do amazingly well anymore. Even awesome Tech like Nanotech, Biomed research, Super Colideres ext are all being taken over by other countries, I love America but we're not the awesome machine we used to be. there is no evidence to suggest Government health care will be better than it is now, It might be more like what Vet's get or like Medcare, each of which is broken and far from the service the people who use it deserve.

And how many people in our broken economy will be added to the Unemployment lines if Health Care becomes another broken government service?

Just my thoughts