[ale] Ubuntu Linux ROCKS! (The Saga of Miss W)

mute wonder mutewonder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 08:50:36 EDT 2009

Due to Ubuntu's reputation for hardware compatibility, I try it or
derivatives on a 2006-ish Gateway laptop.  It has modest specs by
today's standards, but the built-in wifi card is a pain in the ass
Realtek RTL8187 that just works better on Windows.  Various Linux
distro's have a range of successes with that wifi, but Ubuntu has the
most consistent success, even if it doesn't last.