[ale] [OT] Update on the VoterGA Voting Rights Law Suit

Thu Oct 22 23:40:14 EDT 2009

It doesn't work for gmail mobile.

Seriously though, Aaron, I say this out of concern for you. There is
no good that can ever come from you doing that. I promise you, not
even like minded people will chuckle at those anti-microsoft-isms. All
of the jobs I've had in the past 5 years came to me as unsolicited
offers. I didn't apply to these companies. They found me. They made me
offers based on the reputation I have presented on mailing lists,
forums, and blogs. I know that had they detected a hint of zealotry
either in my interview or on the web, they would have saw a me as NOT
"a good personality match for the team". A big part of hiring is
finding compatible personalities. It would really be a shame to miss
out on a great opportunity because the employer feels that you would
be aggressive, constantly attacking microsoft, and making an
uncomfortable work environment for others.

This is coming from someone who quit Yahoo!, the best company I have
ever worked for, the company who offered my 30% MORE than the salary I
requested, because 1) I was morally opposed to writing microsoft only
client side code 2) there were rumors of microsoft buying Yahoo! and I
don't want microsoft on my resume. I won't even capitalize their name.
But, I cannot advance the cause of Free Software by only being
employed by companies who hate non-free software. I strongly suggest
you ask yourself what your goal is. Look deep inside your heart. When
you find your answer, write the story backwards to where you/we are
today. Make sure that story is realistic. Then live that story. I
can't see any desirable conclusion that would lend itself to the use
of this l33t speak anti-microsoft-isms.

I'm and not one who is regularly given to long winded posts. I've
taken the time to write this because I care about you and I care about
Free Software.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 16:50, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com> wrote:
>> It's really sad that you taint, what was sounding like an informative
>> post, with anti-microsoft l33t speak. My brain started rejecting your
>> credibility after that and I had to just give up before I finished the
>> following paragraph.
>
> Relax, you just need to install the Aaron firefox translator plugin
> thinga-ma-jig. ;-)
>
> -Jim P.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.