[ale] Incompetent corporate web sites (was: Ubuntu Linux ROCKS!)

wylde bill durtybill at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:56:58 EDT 2009

I agree with just about all of the sentiments expressed there (including
the pissing on old Ronnie's grave- he talked the talk but didn't walk
the walk).  There are some things I'd like to critique later, but I just
don't have the energy at the moment.

Good rant, though.  :-)

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 13:47 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I think that anything we (the country at large) decide _we_will_do_,
> we do very, very well. We have the undeniable best military that
> wealthy people pay for and not wealthy people work in and we all get
> the benefit of that "protective service". Granted, there are financial
> missteps here and there ($700 hammers, $20,000 coffee pots, etc) but
> the people that are currently pissing and moaning about the exorbitant
> cost associated with having the gubment design a health care funding
> process don't really seem to give a rats ass about outrageous costs we
> currently fork over to be able to kill every living thing on the
> planet 12 times over. Do I detect a priority problem here? Or is it
> just fiscally prudent to shoot first and feed later.
>
> Maybe I just don't understand why anyone would like to keep the
> current fscked up mess that uses taxpayer money to actually _do_ the
> research that Big Pharma then get patents on so they can charge granny
> $100 a pill to keep her alive while _THEY_ piss and moan about "must
> stay profitable" when they already make 20+% AND get to write off
> their "research costs". NSF forks out a $1000 grant, Pharma adds $20,
> the school and the drug co split the patent on the outcome and me and
> granny pay $100 for a pill that can be made for $15. And to top it all
> off most of the edu's in on this are TAXPAYER FUNDED PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!!
>
> If I ever visit Ronald Reagan's grave I want to be royally drunk so I
> can take a really long piss on his headstone for that most brilliant
> piece of monkey work that gave away, no strings attached, TRILLIONS of
> AMERICAN TAXPAYER DOLLARS just to prop up the most profitable industry
> ever created outside of running heroin.
>
> Patents are legalized monopolies. That entire pile of lawyer dung
> should be thrown away and never revived. People who invent do so
> because they are driven to invent and create. Those that do it just
> for the money are candidates for soylent green feedstock.
>
> And the pundits are hand-wringing-wondering why healthcare costs keep
> climbing faster than inflation.
>
> Greedy bastards run the show. Duh! Insurance companies are required to
> take money from me and then turn around and refuse to pay the bills
> they said they would at the start. They also provide the malpractice
> insurance the doctors piss and moan about. And again they must take in
> far more than they pay out. It just like playing in Vegas. The house
> ALWAYS wins. A medical school president once remarked "We accept
> students regardless of their political affiliation but we only
> graduate Republicans". I wish I could find the link to that quote.
>
> I say we fund healthcare with a honkin' death tax. When people die all
> of their assets over an amount tied to the annual family-of-4 income
> per dependant at the time of death is liquidated and goes to
> healthcare. Don't like it? Don't die. Want to leave more behind for
> the whining rich snot children - pony up on the paychecks for
> [...]

"I've been such a fool, Vassili. Man will always be a man. There is no
new man. We tried so hard to create a society that was equal, where
there'd be nothing to envy your neighbour. But there's always something
to envy. A smile, a friendship, something you don't have and want to
appropriate. In this world, even a Soviet one, there will always be rich
and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love." --
Commisar Danilov, "Enemy at the Gates"