[ale] If you must restore a windows computer, how do you make it better?

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Thu Oct 15 01:27:17 EDT 2009

Hello Anthony,

> My next customer here in dallas stated to me that they would also like
> to do linux, but they need to be able to use internet explorer (IE)
> because they run software that only works with IE. This person is a
> real estate agent and i am familiar with what they are talking about.
> The MLS software.

Thankfully, MLS' are getting the message and are starting to change over finally. (Thanks mainly to complaints that Firefox won't work, Macs won't work, and foremost because of IE8).

HOWEVER, if IE is still needed, get Crossover 8 Pro (formerly Crossover Office).  It's pretty inexpensive and works exceptionally well, particularly since you can install IE6 or IE7 on the Linux machine with a few clicks.

--
Cheers,
 Robert                            mailto:ale at sixit.com