[ale] Mapathon?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Oct 14 11:08:14 EDT 2009

Because US news is more about who is ahead on American Idol than
anything meaningful.

We have a strong anti-evolution movement, talking heads on the radio
that give opinions rather than news and TV news that talks mainly about
entertainment gossip.   It appears that somewhere along the line someone
decided that if "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" then it
follows that a lot of knowledge is extremely dangerous and should be
avoided at all costs.