[ale] osCommerce

William Witt william at witt-family.net
Tue Oct 13 17:13:33 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 13:56:02 Preston Boyington wrote:
> William Witt wrote:
> > I'd have to recommend a ZenCart install over an OSCommerce install...
>
> <snipped>
>
> this is the general consensus from several others too.  i'm just
> starting to research this, but is it difficult to do frames / grid layout?
>
> basically i'm going to have a lot of widgets and want them to link to
> static pages.  basically a layout like you would see on NewEgg.
>
> looks like i'm about to get really personal with Wordpress.

It's been a little while since I built my ZenCart site, but it's default is
pretty much a 3 column layout with modules that are turned on/off and placed
through a web interface.  You can also build static pages into ZenCart (i.e.
contact, privacy policy, etc), but I believe they are pretty much wrapped in
php define statements.

http://www.zen-cart.com has some "showcase" sites.  http://www.ktcables.co.uk/
looks to be a pretty stock install with some color/image changes.

Will