[ale] [OT] win9x jam -- blood pressure check

Mon Oct 12 11:08:08 EDT 2009

In 199[567] I built a machine for a rich Photoshop enthusiast friend
that had 4 sticks of 256MB RAM. I was running Photoshop on ~16MB at
the time. I decapitate (slung a head off the arm of) at least 3 drives
in 2 years due to the swapping. I couldn't convince my employer that
it would be cheaper to give me more RAM.

On 10/12/09, Warren Myers <volcimaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> 98 *Server* Edition?
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM, J. D. <jdonline at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah me either. I did service some systems that clients were using as
>> a 98 Server Edition.. It still makes me cringe. :(
>>
>> On 10/9/09, Warren Myers <volcimaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Must say I never had enough money to have more that 521M RAM on my
>> Win9[5|8]
>> > computers.
>> > WMM

>> my