[ale] Copy to remote NFS goes to wrong file system?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:47:40 EDT 2009

I have a setup where one machine acts as a backup server (machine A)
for another machine (machine B). (A) has two hard drives, sda and sdb.
Since (B) is trying to store more data than can fit on the root file
system of (A), I have (B) copy its data to a directory on (A) that is
supposed to be mounted at /dev/sdb1. However, when (B) mounts the NFS
share and does the copy, the data is placed on /dev/sda1. Why would
this be happening? I'm not that well versed in NFS.

For reference, (A) shares out a parent directory via NFS (e.g.
/backups/remote) and (B) copies to a subdirectory
(/backups/remote/<hostname>). The /backups/remote/<hostname>
directory, in this case, is supposed to be /dev/sdb1.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59