[ale] iptables rules-update, Vista issue

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Oct 10 16:03:35 EDT 2009

On Sat October 10 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > That said, it's difficult to troubleshoot iptables rules without seeing
> > ALL the rules.  Looking at this subset of rules may have people point you
> > in the wrong direction.
>
>  ugh.. looks like a VI$TA issue... I logged into my login on her laptop,
> and the internet worked fine. well, firefox worked, but IE didn't. SO I am
> downloading IE8, firefox 3.5 and opera, to see if I can figure out what is
> wrong with her setup... I HATE windows!

ok, so I installed Firefox 3.5, and opera 10 on her Vista laptop. most
bookmarks work, but I can't type in google.com or yahoo.com or my.yahoo.com ,
it fails. When I type in att.net, the URL resolves to:
http://att.my.yahoo.com

so all browsers work for most things, but she can't get to yahoo.com, which is
where she has her online email ;(
atnex.net works fine. if I type in att.com, it resolves to www.att.com and
works. what am I missing?

--