[ale] Need help with DTP, printing Brochure mode, 2 pages per side, 4 pages per sheet

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Fri Oct 9 13:44:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-09 at 09:22 -0700, Bruce wrote:
> I'm working on a cookbook in OpenOffice. I have a 123 page document. I
> would like to send it to a commercial printer as a PDF. I exported as
> PDF, and all is well and good (ish), except it is 8.5x11, one page per
> sheet.

I'd seriously recommend if you are publishing the item that you're
talking about, doing it in some form of LaTeX.  XeLaTeX is the best that
I am aware of, supporting modern font technology and producing very
good-looking PDF copy that you can then send to someone like Lulu.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo