[ale] MythTV, older analog cards

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:01:07 EDT 2009

Cartoon network, SyFi, Discovery and many others are gone from analog
cable. What's left is 20+ shopping channels, local stations and a few
others.

In order to watch nearly anything, you now MUST have a digital box
(these send time per channel data upstream) and are not computer
controllable unless there is an external universal remote that is
controllable by a pc.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Rev. Johnny Healey <rev.null at gmail.com> wrote:
> Comcast has recently started threatening to remove channels from the analog
> lineup in my area.  At that point, only local channels will be available
> without a stb.
>
> They said the channels would disappear as of sep, 15, but I haven't noticed
> any missing yet.
>
> sent from my shoe phone
>
> On Oct 7, 2009 7:22 PM, "William Bagwell" <rb211 at tds.net> wrote:
>
> Planing to attend the installfest this weekend and have a card I bought
> several years ago. (Hauppauge PVR-150) Do these analog cards require now
> a converter box like an old TV?
>
> Googled a bit and found no mention of them needing converters, nor
> suddenly becoming bricks.
> --
> William

James P. Kinney III