[ale] MythTV, older analog cards

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Wed Oct 7 19:48:14 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 07:18:54PM -0400, William Bagwell wrote:
> Planing to attend the installfest this weekend and have a card I bought
> several years ago. (Hauppauge PVR-150) Do these analog cards require now
> a converter box like an old TV?

They do not require any additional conversion so long as they are hooked up
to the cable system, which still broadcasts in analog. I current have a
PVR-150 and a PVR-500 (which is two 150's on a single card) recording
content from Comcast.

However if you are planning to pull the signal from the air, you would need
a converter box in front of the card.

BAJ