[ale] My resume

David Ritchie deritchie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 16:39:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Jerald Sheets <questy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can appreciate the sentiment, but those of us in the business for 20
> years will have a darned tough time meeting that need.  Omission ==
> falsehood.  If you put your responsibilities and one or two "key
> contribution" bullet points and try to keep an easy to read type size,
> you can easily exceed 3 pages...

Actually, I have heard it suggested by HR professionals that you don't
put anything over 10 years old on your resume.

It is all adverstising, anyway - not your permanent record. The key
thing to remember is to show
the employer why you, out of the entire herd of folks applying, are
the one that they want to bring into their
family. Honestly, who cares about your experience with obscure
packages (unless you wrote them) is probably not
needed because they aren't relevant. Don't waste the recruiters time.

A good unique cover letter showing how your skills cover the requested
position requirements is essential.

If you have something that you want the recruiter to read, better have
it on the 1st page. If they want more detail,
they will ask.

Just my opinion,
Dave Ritchie