[ale] New laptop

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Oct 7 00:46:53 EDT 2009

On 09/30/2009 07:27 PM, George Allen wrote:
> My home laptop broke, physically, after 5 years of abuse (IBM's stand
> up well), so I am looking to buy a new one. Considerations are:

[snip]
> Any other suggestions aimed at good linux support, and general
> durability? Fast is good, but not looking for more business than a
> gaming machine, although gl support would be nice. Target range 1500
> +/-500 depending on specs.

Late to the thread, but...

I just saw that HP is selling their ProBooks with SuSe and FreeDOS. The
existing models look nice and the 5310M, which comes out on Oct 22 at a
base price of $699, looks very nice.

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/SubFamMatrix.asp?oi=E9CED&BEID=19701&SBLID=&ProductLineId=539&FamilyId=3025

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/15/hps-probook-5310m-and-pavilion-dm3-keep-thin-and-light-cheap/

--