[ale] Video Card?

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Oct 6 14:30:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 12:02 -0500, Preston Boyington wrote:
> as a long time ATI fan I can wholeheartedly suggest NVIDIA.  yep, I'm
> fed up with all the fglrx mess that seems to have come with xorg in
> recent times.
>
> YMMV, but I'm another that will lean strongly to NVIDIA.

Just avoid motherboards with the onboard NVIDIA 7050PV chipset.  That
one is buggy as fsck.  As soon as I have the $ for a new video board,
I'm _totally_ getting one.

The 7050PV has a tendency to cause very odd hardware lockups.  I can't
ever troubleshoot because I can't even SSH in when things start to go
wrong, and my system lights light-up like a friggin christmas tree.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo