[ale] My resume

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:26:47 EDT 2009

after much editing and outright dropping of topics en masse, my resume
is nearing 3 pages is I leave out most normal things like articles and
conjuction words.

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon but I expect more than a 1-2 page synopsis
of the firm I'm applying to as well. Why should treat them with less
attention than I expect?  I tend to distrust "marketing slicks" as
they are generally garbage information. I see my resume as more than a
marketing slick for my past accomplishments.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Jerald Sheets <questy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2009, at 7:55 AM, Brandon Checketts wrote:
>
>> In my experience, I think that the 1-page suggestion is relevant when
>> you are fresh out of college.
>

> I have to agree here.  After 19 years in the business, if I try and
> shove everything into one page, I haven't done enough in my career.  A
> list of the technologies I've worked with alone would be over a pge.
>
> In my experience, people like to see both a description of the places
> you've worked and key contributions/achievements for each.  Mine has
> expanded to three pages now, but is clean and easy to view/work with.
> The resume itself, like yours, is unique and catches your attention.
> (or so I've been told by recruiters)
>
> Good luck in your search, man.  There's a lot out there right now.
>

> --j

James P. Kinney III