[ale] Dynamic DNS

Matt Rideout mrideout at windserve.com
Sun Oct 4 20:52:11 EDT 2009

I do the same thing with DynDNS and a CNAME. If the IP goes 30 days
without changing, I get an email notification from DynDNS that the
domain is about to expire, at which point, I click on the included link,
and am good for another 30-days. That's really low on the annoyance
scale, but it's good to know about the Tomato workaround.

Craig, don't worry about the CNAME thing if you don't run your own
domain that you'd want to use with this, but if you do, giving us some
background info on where your domain currently resides would help us
point you in the right direction for getting things setup. Your first
step will be to setup a DynDNS account and client regardless.