[ale] Dynamic DNS

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 14:15:25 EDT 2009

I've used dyndns (dyndns.com) for a while. It's easy to register a subdomain for free (1), and they seem to be well supported by update clients (included in dd-wrt and pfsense).

The only problem is that if you want to use your own domain (ex: yourname.com), they charge an arm and a leg to provide dynamic dns. I wish they would have a low volume / low cost option.

Andrew

1: http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/