[ale] OT: bizzarest thing a windoze reboot fixed?

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 08:52:52 EDT 2009

o.k., like most people I've had just rebooting fix some pretty strange
things in windoze but this one takes the cake:

a few min ago I was responding to a email on my work laptop (a Dell D820
running XP) when the "t" & "h" keys, and ONLY the "t" & "h" keys stopped
working (yes, I checked rest of them in two different apps).  I was afraid
it was because our cat likes to curl up on (& more specifically walk across)
it but the guy next to me suggested I reboot.  I never in a million years
would have expected it to work (/was just doing "due dilligence" so I could
move on to actual repair) but IT FIXED IT!!!  _W_ _T_ _F_!?!?!?

so that got me thinking - what's the most bizarre thing anyone's ever seen a
reboot fix on a windoze box?