[ale] Netflix, etc. on Linux

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Thu Oct 1 18:06:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 16:10 -0400, aaron wrote:
> Note that one of the best ways to protect your rights and your
> digital media investments from corporate thug vandalism is by
> maintaining the availability of an ANALOG output path for
> as many of your video and audio signals as possible.

You could also only buy things such as music and the like from open,
DRM-free stores.  There is at least one that I know of outside of the
U.S. that acquires and redistributes its music lawfully, and will even
give it to you in Ogg (or, if you want to pay a bit extra, FLAC).  Check
out Mp3Sparks.

I don't know about video, though.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo