[ale] Special effects used while creating a slide show

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Nov 30 11:15:04 EST 2009

William Bagwell wrote:
> On Sunday 29 November 2009, Robert Reese wrote:
>
>> ProShow Gold doesn't work on Linux, unfortunately,
>>

> Can with Cross Over. Only gets a "Silver" but what do you expect from
> software that sticks "Gold" in its name;-)
>
> http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1930
>
> Apparently does not with plain Wine, since the only mention I found was a
> mention of "Photodex ProShowGold crashes on service startup" in an
> announcement from January.

Thank you one and all for an enlightening discussion.  From the
reference to Ken Burns Effect I located a program, "DVD Slideshow GUI"
(free windows app) that fits the bill nicely.  It's so seldom these days
to find a program that is intuitive and complex at the same time.  With
almost no outside help, I was able to create a nice video using the pan
and zoom features of this program under wine.  The only thing that
didn't work was the player didn't give me any audio, but that's probably
because I don't have wine working with audio.  The resultant .mpg file
looked great on mplayer.

Thanks,
Jim.