[ale] Virus Removal

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:57:46 EST 2009

Chris Fowler wrote:
> For those that have been following the sales, SAM's Club has an Acer
> Netbook for $199.  I bought one but must warn you that I found a virus
> on it.
>
> Seems to be the WindowsXP virus.  Nasty booger. What Ubuntu distribution
> is made for this unit and will assist in removing this horrendous virus?

Ubuntu Netbook Remix is a popular choice, but here are few that come to
mind:

Moblin
http://moblin.org/

Kuki
http://www.kuki.me/

Debian
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcerOne

Slackware
http://www.thev.net/cgi-bin/awki.cgi/_Acer_Aspire_One_?stamp=1222950371

Archlinux
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Acer_Aspire_One

OpenSuse
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_on_the_Aspire_One

Foresight Mobile
http://www.foresightlinux.org/foresight-mobile/

Mandriva also announced a 'Mandriva Mini', but I haven't found time to
search it out nor play with it.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/