[ale] testing firegpg with mailman

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 29 14:12:51 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 13:39 -0500, Jim Kinney wrote:
> So we have now verified that the problem is NOT mailman but FireGPG
> (it _is_ beta software). We have sent signatured email from
> non-firegpg and successfully read them with both firegpg and other
> email readers. This eliminates mailman from mangling gpg sigs
> generically.
>
> We have also sent firegpg through ale to firegpg and the sig is good
> in Firegpg only. My emails all come through Ale's mailman with intact
> signature yet non firegpg users report errors.

Well, you were the 1st to observe that firegpg reported a wrong sig from
a msg sent by firegpg. See below. Are you aware that some of the
messages you sent to the list on this thread have not been signed at
all? Could that explain why you're not seeing errors?

=============================================== BEGIN PRIOR EMAIL
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:13:01 -0500
From: Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>
To: "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!" <ale at ale.org>
Subject: Re: [ale] [SPAM] again... sorry, please ignore

--===============1328341318==

--0015175ce094e24bf104795c905c

My firegpg says "wrong sig". Double check you have the correct sig as
default.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:30 AM, <timtwatts at gmail.com> wrote:

> trying to isolate why some ALE sigs report as invalid. sending via
> gmail/firegpg...

James P. Kinney III

--0015175ce094e24bf104795c905c

My firegpg says &quot;wrong sig&quot;. Double check you have the correct
10:30 AM,  <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
href="mailto:timtwatts at gmail.com">timtwatts at gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
wrote:<br>
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">trying to
isolate why some ALE sigs report as invalid. sending via
gmail/firegpg...<br><br>
Ale mailing list<br>
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at<br>
Kinney III<br>Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness

--0015175ce094e24bf104795c905c--