[ale] testing firegpg with mailman

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 29 03:25:11 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-29 at 00:13 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Granted that others have pointed out the header wrap problem (which
> should NOT be a problem because these things are not suppose to be
> affected by that - still noddling on that one).  The problem back then

Actually, according to RFC-1847 both headers and content are part of the
signed stuff:

(2)  The body part (headers and content) to be digitally signed is
        prepared for signature according to the value of the protocol
        parameter.  The MIME headers of the signed body part are
        included in the signature to protect the integrity of the MIME
        labeling of the data that is signed.

Now bear in mind this only pertains to headers within the
multipart/signed body part.