[ale] testing firegpg with mailman

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 14:23:00 EST 2009

OK. So Mailman is (maybe) munging the gpg signature. Fixing that will be a
challenge if it's caused by signing the wrong sections of the message body.

What is needed now is to test a gpg signature sent from a plain text (NOT
from firegpg) email through mailman. It needs to be tested through both
firegpg and regular text email (anyone got a quick link to gpg with mutt?).

I sent myself a test message from firegpg to myself and NOT through mailman.
firgpg then reported it as a good signature. That leads me to think the
issue _is_ with mailman.

oh joy. criticizing a gnu codebase ....

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Jeremy T. Bouse <
jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net> wrote:

> jim.kinney at gmail.com wrote:
> > This is a simple test of firegpg running on Fedora 12/Firefox 3.5.5
> >
> > Please reply with good or bad signature status.
> >

> gpg command line and output:
> /usr/bin/gpg
> gpg: Signature made Sat 28 Nov 2009 11:04:06 AM EST using RSA key ID
> 6A87D3C5
> gpg: BAD signature from "James P. Kinney III (Physicist, Brewer, Dad)
> <jimkinney at gmail.com>"

James P. Kinney III