[ale] [SPAM] again... sorry, please ignore

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 27 11:49:17 EST 2009

Thanks Jim.

I wonder if "wrong sig" == "invalid sig"? I did use my @earthlink key
(A394BC7A) on a message sent from my @gmail account. That would, I
guess, indicate a "wrong sig" as opposed to an invalid sig (the msg
content and sig block don't agree).

What got me digging into this is that your previous message showed up
with an "invalid signature". So I tried a few things with my earthlink &
gmail accounts using the A394BC7A key:

elink account -> ALE via evolution	: good verify
gmail account -> ALE via evolution	: good verify
gmail account -> elink via evolution	: good verify
gmail account -> elink via gmail/firegpg: good verify
gmail account -> ALE via gmail/firegpg	: BAD verify

So it looks like the (fireGPG + ALE list) combo invalidates GPG sigs.
The sig on this message should not be invalid (sent signed using
evolution). I noticed Brandon's signed msgs on the list a few days ago
also were invalidated but I couldn't tell what tool he was using.

Any ideas what could be causing this?