[ale] Need help from video junkies...transcode and iMovie '09

scott scott at sboss.net
Wed Nov 25 08:26:12 EST 2009

look at a program called Handbrake.  it runs on the Mac, Windows and
Linux.  Linux is CLI and can be scripted.  I use it on Mac and Linux
CLI all the time.  It works wonders.  Is it the fastest tool on the
planet?  probably not but it produces good output as long as the input
is good.

Back at BarCampATL I did a talk about using it to get video to your
iPod/iPhone.  Let me digg up the link to the preso for you.  I use it
to encode my DVDs to go onto my mythtv box (which I also copy them to
my laptops to watch on the road) with no issues.

http://handbrake.fr/