[ale] mp3 player

Sat Nov 21 09:07:03 EST 2009

At least in the past the Sansas needed windows to do firmware
upgrades. This especially pissed my dad off when he opened the package
and saw one of those "taped on at the last minute" notices that the
firmware needed to updated before using.

I have an iriver clix 512MB that is 4+ years old. It has a pretty
nifty interface compared to everything else out there. It is designed
for windows only but I have hacked together a script that rebuilds the
internal database before ejecting it as a mass storage device.

On 11/20/09, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Microcenter has a cute cheapy for around $20-$30 with a top size of
> 4G. It's styled like the ipod nano clip and all. But it also has a
> microphone so you can record with it. Linux see's it a storage device.
> just drop your tunes in the folder.... Got my son and wife one.
> Charges over the USB port.
>
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Jon Reagan <jreagan90 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> With the holidays rolling around I'm looking for a new MP3 player.  I'm
>> trying to find one that is compatible with Linux so I don't have to
>> monkey around with Windows Media Player or iTunes.  I'm using Amazon's
>> MP3 store, since I don't think there are any .ogg stores that include
>> mainstream music, but the plus side is that I'm not tethered to any
>> particular music app.
>>
>> Do y'all have any recommendations for a MP3 player that works well with
>> linux?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jon

> James P. Kinney III
> Actively in pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.