[ale] GPG Key Party Followup

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Fri Nov 20 10:30:01 EST 2009

scott wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> what was the line(s) in your gpg.conf file to point to the the keyring
> (s)?

	Below is my gpg.conf minus blank and comment lines for my current
configuration. The particular lines you're looking for would be the
lines 13-16. They're all described in the GPG man pages but for
simplicity...

	'no-default-keyring' tells GPG not to use the default keyring locations.
	'secret-keyring' then states where to find your private keyring file.
	'keyring' is your public keyring file location. You may have multiple
public keyrings used.
	'primary-keyring' is which public keyring file to import new public
keys you receive into.
	'trustdb-name' is the OpenPGP trust DB file location.

##### BEGIN gpg.conf #####
no-greeting
armor
comment ""
default-key 62DBDF62	# Personal
default-recipient-self
charset utf-8
keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve honor-http-proxy broken-http-proxy
include-subkeys honor-keyserver-url honor-pka-record
auto-key-locate pka,keyserver
list-options show-policy-urls show-keyserver-urls
require-cross-certification
use-agent
no-default-keyring
secret-keyring ~/.gnupg/keyrings.d/secring.gpg
keyring ~/.gnupg/keyrings.d/pubring.gpg
primary-keyring ~/.gnupg/keyrings.d/pubring.gpg
trustdb-name ~/.gnupg/keyrings.d/trustdb.gpg
trusted-key 544C486862DBDF62 # 1024D/62DBDF62 2002-03-27 Personal
trusted-key D573D5B129AB4CDD # 1024D/29AB4CDD 2002-03-27 Debian Maintainer
cert-policy-url
http://undergrid.net/legal/gpg/policy/20080707/e3b4165653d2d6db2ec2d7d5039f164bca5f7b6e
sig-keyserver-url hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
##### END gpg.conf #####