[ale] mythtv + xbmc suggestions wanted

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:12:16 EST 2009

david w. millians wrote:
<snipped>
> Why myth on the backend? Don't you just need NFS or Samba...

Honestly, because I really like XBMC's interface.  If XBMC handled TV I
wouldn't worry about the MythTV.

>>> I searched the article for "USB,"  and I'm not certain what you mean
>>> here. Use the USB for an external drive, booting, the remote control?
>> sorry I wasn't clear.  I'm planning on trying to use a USB TV Tuner
>> Stick (like the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950) with the Acer Aspire Revo.  So
>> far things are looking really promising for a media center.
>
> ...since you're putting the tuner on the revo?

correct.  that's why I want the MythTV backend/option.  that way all my
media is handled in one nice quiet unit.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/