[ale] One email address, multiple users

Brandon Checketts brandon at brandonchecketts.com
Wed Nov 18 13:13:45 EST 2009

A company that I work for has (imho) a pretty nice way of handling this
without adding the complication of a separate ticket or CMS system.
The messages are left in the Inbox, and an external script periodically
 updates a database with the current Inbox contents.

We then have a ajax-ified web interface where we can 'grab' messages,
make annotations, etc.  During peak time we have up to 6-10 simultaneous
users and handle about 100 messages on a typical day and it works out
really well.

Additionally, it provides a bunch of public statistics for customers
(and probably even more for the boss):
https://rimuhosting.com/ticket/supportstats.jsp

It is currently a proprietary, custom-written product, but I believe
they have some plans to release it as open-source at some point in the
future.

Thanks,
Brandon Checketts