[ale] One email address, multiple users

David Ritchie deritchie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:10:27 EST 2009

Sounds to me they need to have a order management system that is tied
to an email
gateway (so that it can acknowledge receipt of the email and provide
transaction numbers),
and so that there will be only one place to go look at for order
status. Shared mailboxes
are not well structured to do that, and there are fraud issues to
worry about that are no addressed
in any way by a simple email system.  Does SugarCRM doing anything like this?

Also, it is quite easy to inadvertently delete mail, or have a
disgruntled employee create mischief
in such an environment. I would probably use something like procmail
to drop this into a database
and write some query code around it, personally... but there may not
be funding to create a
solution other than a share mail system. There are some packages on
freshmeat, but I would
have to defer to someone with more domain space knowledge to make any
sort of intelligent
decision on what to use.

-- Dave