[ale] URGENT! Need HELP to Salvage GPG PGP Key Signing for Nov. 19th!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:27:18 EST 2009

Bummer dude! Broken body parts are not good!

Um. "yard work accident". how embarrassing.

I have intertube bandwidth and a tiny fraction of time personally so
I'll pitch in as I can.

What do we need for a keyserver? Does it need to be portable or just
on the net somewhere secure?

I can probably run the event at the meeting as I think I recall the
last one's process.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:25 PM, aaron <aaron at pd.org> wrote:
> I just received an email from Michael Warfield, who
> somehow managed to hobble to his computer keyboard
> and inform me that he broke his leg this afternoon
> in a yard work accident! OUCH! And more OUCH!!
>
> He will be getting the leg attended to tomorrow,
> but he also sends his regrets that he will not be
> able to present and host the GPG key signing party
> for next Thursday's ALE Central meeting.
>
> Given the level of interest in this event and the fact
> that notice of the Key signing has been out for a couple
> of weeks, I'm hoping we can avoid a total cancellation
> for the evening. At this point I'm uncertain how much
> Michael will be able to help behind the scenes, but
> I'm optimistic that we can still manage the Key Signing
> Party  __IF__  I can get a little help with the
> back-end preparation work and, more critically someone
> can arrange for or establish a KEY SERVER for the final
> Key Ring signing step.
>
> If anyone is up to helping salvage the Key Signing event
> for next Thursday, please get in touch at your earliest
> convenience. I'd like to work out a solution this weekend
> so we can post the final disposition of the meeting plans
> by Monday.
>
> Thanks right now for your attention,
> and in advance for your assistance!
> :-)