[ale] ANNC: NOVEMBER ALE EVENTS - Install Fest, GPG Talk & Key Party

arxion arxaaron at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:50:17 EST 2009

Cool ALE events happening November 19th & 21st...

=========
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19th:
ALE CENTRAL MEEING & KEY SIGNING PARTY

7:30 pm, Emory Law School, Gambrel Hall 1C
(Key signing to start promptly at 8:00pm)

A GPG PGP Overview and Key Signing Party
with Michael Warfield

Synopsis:
-- A very concise overview talk on GPG and PGP
public key encryption followed by a key
signing party.

For Participation in the Key Signing:
-- Key generation and posting in advance of the
event is STRONGLY urged for those wishing to
participate in the key ring.* Two forms of
photo ID will be required for those with keys
to sign. Generic details and info about GPG
keys, generating keys and the key signing party
process is available at:

<http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/
keysigning_party.html>

!*! Please see Michael's email forward below
for full and specific details. Of special note
are recommendations for generating RSA/RSA key
pairs using the most current GnuPG2 software.
=========
=========
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 9am to 5pm:

ALE / Ubuntu Linux Install Fest
featuring Ubuntu release 9.10

Hosted by ITT Technical College
SW Atlanta Campus at:

Two Crown Center
1745 Phoenix Boulevard
Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30349

( Note to please use the North end
   building entrance. )

Synopsis:
-- A chance to see the facilities of (and meet some
Linux students from) our ALE partners at ITT Technical
College while installing the latest Linux releases or
getting face time help with your Open Source Technical
challenges. Plenty of Ubuntu disks will be on hand,
plus swag and raffle gifts. As always, plenty of good
Open Socializing and dutch treat pizza lunch will be
on hand.
========

Begin forwarded message: