[ale] Reminds me of a Who song

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Thu Nov 5 10:04:26 EST 2009

http://www.sophos.com/blogs/chetw/g/2009/11/03/windows-7-vulnerable-8-10-viruses/

curses on CSI (enhance, enhance, enhance - search Youtube for parodies
and show clips which parody more than the parodies) for ruining "Won't
Get Fooled Again".

fta:
"Windows 7 vulnerable to 8 out of 10 viruses
Now that we in the northern hemisphere have had some time to digest the
Windows 7 hype and settle in for the coming winter, we thought we would
get some more hard data regarding Windows 7 security.

On October 22nd, we settled in at SophosLabs and loaded a full release
copy of Windows 7 on a clean machine. We configured it to follow the
system defaults for User Account Control (UAC) and did not load any
anti-virus software.

We grabbed the next 10 unique samples that arrived in the SophosLabs
feed to see how well the newer, more secure version of Windows and UAC
held up. Unfortunately, despite Microsoft's claims, Windows 7
disappointed just like earlier versions of Windows. The good news is
that, of the freshest 10 samples that arrived, 2 would not operate
correctly under Windows 7.

"