[ale] Web page solution for a user (not a sysadmin, etc.)

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Nov 4 23:29:08 EST 2009

Hello john,

> I don't know if I am missing something here, but seems like plain old
> static html would solve the problem. There isn't any mention of dynamic
> content.

> Basically it seems like a choice of  editor question.

Here are three reasons I disagree: Static content ages rapidly - a "the lights are on but no one's home" feeling sets in.  Search engines are geared more toward dynamic content.  Content isn't dynamic until something needs to be changed; hard coded HTML can be a pain to change by hand, particularly after a lengthy absence, just as any other programming code.

Interestingly, it will take her longer to learn HTML and create the site than it will to drop, at a minimum, WordPress with a nice template onto a host, customize, and simply insert the static content.  Just because WordPress, Drupal, Joomla! and others are designed for dynamic data doesn't mean you have to use it for dynamic data.  Until you need to change something, that is. ;c)

Cheers,
Robert~