[ale] tiff conversion

David Hamm ale at spinnerdog.com
Wed Nov 4 17:54:13 EST 2009

With Graphics Magick I've used this command.
 gm convert -resample 72x72 -scale 50x50% Dc397.TIF -resample 72x72 -scale
50x50% Dc397.jpg
It works but takes 6 mins

Image magick :
convert -limit memory 32 -limit map 64 Dc397.tif -units PixelsPerInch -density
72 -quality 60 -resize 50%x50% Dc397.png

convert: unable to extend cache `Dc397.tif': Invalid argument.
convert: missing an image filename `Dc397.png'.

I believe I should be able to use the same arguments for either program but
ImageMagick always produces the error listed above.