[ale] Get rid of that hardware that not even anoter ALE'er will take

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Nov 3 09:52:13 EST 2009

Geoffrey wrote:
> Recycle old electronics and give shoes to help the needy
> Cobb County will hold its next Keep Cobb Beautiful Electronics Recycling
> Day Saturday, Nov. 14, at two Marietta locations. The event will be held
> 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at Jim Miller Park, 2245 Callaway Road, and Piedmont
> Church, 570 Piedmont Road. Residents are encouraged to bring in their
> old computer monitors, microwave ovens, computer CPUs, stereos, laptops,
> copiers, modems, cell phones or printers to be recycled for free, rather
> than having the items added to a landfill. Other items accepted at no
> charge include video machines, disk drives, VCRs, telephones, film and
> digital cameras, CD players, portable radios, CD-ROMs and scanners.
> Televisions are accepted, but there is a $10 fee charged for each one.
> For a complete list of recyclable items, visit cobbcounty.org/kcb. In
> addition to electronics, workers at the locations will be accepting new
> or gently-used shoes to benefit the charity Soles4Souls. For more
> information, visit giveshoes.org.

For those of us on the south side, there is a place I've taken stuff to
before.  They charge for TVs and monitors, or say they do.  The last
time I went, she didn't charge me for a couple of monitors and a TV,
however.  YMMV.  Somewhere in their advertising they said they didn't
accept material from homeowners, however that isn't true.

Creative Recycling Systems of Georgia, Inc. 85 North Industrial Rd.,
Palmetto GA
30268. www.crserecycling.com. Email. briand at csrerecycling.com Brian
Diesselhorst, 770-463-8868. Company provides asset management and
recycling services for all surplus and obsolete electronic equipment
(plug-in or
battery powered), not just computers.

Jim