[ale] Upgrading to 9.10 hosed my system

Ryan Marshall rymarshall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 20:24:28 EST 2009

> Personally, I think this release should have been delayed for a couple
> of weeks to have an extended bug fixing period with some extreme focus
> on polishing before the release.  That's just my 2? though.
>
>        --- Mike

Yeah, it seems to be missing a bit of polish that the previous releases
had.  But, seeing as how they added the graphical boot, optimized the speed,
swapped out some of the default apps in the last release before an LTS, I'll
can understand.

I ran into a slew of other issues though.  I upgraded to Grub2 on a machine
that has three drives and three partitions on the linux boot drive.  I
apparently hit ok without looking at what the default device was, so I spent
an evening playing "where's the bootloader?"