[ale] [OT] Palm OS and Google Calendar

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:06:13 EDT 2009

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Robert Coggins <ale at cogginsnet.com>wrote:
> I am looking more for an app for the PalmOS its self.

For the most part, the palm products are dead.  They run $50 at most
carriers (subsidized from $399) and they're all the Centro.  There *is* a
treo pro and a treo800w out there, however, so maybe there's some app store
of sorts where you can find what you're looking for .  My precursory
investigation at Handango only returns 1 App at $30 that will pull Gmail.

You can go to m.google.com/mail and get a gmail app, but it requires a
browser, if I recall.  That's another possiblity.

<story>
When the Pre was first leaked, the Palm stock had reached a whopping $1.42.
It's been as high as $700, for reference, and that was the day they split
from us at 3Com.

If the Pre doesn't save Palm, it will go away in relatively short order.
The channel is dry on Palm products, and the only places you seem to be able
to grab them are at phone dealers now.  And this is from a former employee!
I made a ton of cash on the 3Com/Palm stock split.
</story>

If you were saying "For the Palm Pre & it's Web OS", I'd be all over it.

I think you're trying to upgrade the firmware on your tube television,
metaphorically speaking.

--j