[ale] Comcast DNS

Alexander Barton abarton at mindspring.com
Wed May 27 23:32:10 EDT 2009

I briefly became my mom's favorite son a few years ago by "fixing her
Internet".  She was on Charter and their DNS servers were taking around
5 *seconds* to answer, and only answering about 50% of the time.

For me (and her) I set the DNS servers to:
   64.94.1.33
   216.52.126.1

I think this arrangement is slightly better than using:
   64.94.1.33
   64.94.1.1
simply because if you can't reach ns1.acs.pnap.net then there's a chance
you won't be able to reach ns2.acs.pnap.net either.  ns1.wdc002.pnap.net
is not too far away so I figure it's a better choice for secondary.

-Alexander