[ale] Comcast DNS

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:07:24 EDT 2009

I have found OpenDNS[1] to be a good substitute for slow ISP DNS.
Sometimes it gets confused if you type 'example.com' without the
http://, but 'www.example.com' gives no problems. I use OpenDNS as my
primary and secondary DNS. I use one of AtNex's DNS as my tertiary
(basically a backup if anything goes wrong).

I actually started using OpenDNS when I was using Charter because
theirs was so slow. AtNex's is probably pretty quick, but I still
stick with OpenDNS. There is only one problem I know of that could
arise if you use OpenDNS. It is described at [2]. I've never
encountered the problem myself, but it sounds miserable.

[1] -- http://www.opendns.com/
[2] -- http://tinyurl.com/r3fuwl

--
James Sumners