[ale] recommended webcam ?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:09:03 EDT 2009

Courtney Thomas wrote:
> I want to get a webcam but know nothing about them except that I don't want
> to overpay or get one that's so lacking in functionality, if that's possible
> :-)  that I'll later regret not having gotten something more capable.
>
> What do you recommend and why, please ?
>
> Where are the good deals ?

Hi Courtney,

I use two different Logitech webcams.  I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro
for Notebooks and a Logitech Quickcam Ultravision.  I did spend a good
amount of money on them (at the time), but am happy.

I purchased mine at Newegg.com.

I've also seen bundles for about $40 (a laptop and desktop webcam) at
Target.

A good reference I found was:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SkypeWebCams

I use Skype for my software and don't have any issues whatsoever.  It's
free and cross platform so all my friends and family have been able to
get onboard.

I hope that helps some.

Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/