[ale] m2ts to dvd

William Witt william at witt-family.net
Tue May 19 18:19:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 12:53 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> Since this is the ALE list I am assuming you are looking for a Linux
> authoring tool. The best one I've seen (but not  actually used) is Q
> DVD-Author[1]. Has K3b added dvd authoring support yet?
>
> For Windows, I really like DVD Flick[2]. It is the easiest software I
> have used to do what you are wanting.
>

> [1] -- http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/
> [2] -- http://www.dvdflick.net/
>
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Preston Boyington
> <preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been helping a friend transcode the m2ts files from his Cannon HD
> > camcorder to Divx and mp4.  He's been using Handbrake and all is working
> > well.  Today he asked me how to take the original files and write them
> > to a DVD that he could give his family.
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a good dvd authoring tool that's fairly simple?  I
> > used Cinelerra a couple years back, but remember it being pretty complex.
> >
> > Thanks all,
> > Preston

My workflow flow includes:

Kino - Video import
Cinelerra - Video editing
mencoder - Video conversion to DVD compatible format
DVDStyler or QDVDAuthor - DVD file system creation (both are ok, I use
whichever is available in the repos of the distro I'm using at that
moment).
k3b - to actually burn

Will